Young students are the future of our country. We look upon them as the persons who would take care of us and our society. But in order to prepare them accordingly, they must be taught proper habits. And this training should comprise of all the units, from behavior to food habits.
It has been found that the top 5 schools in pune have included contexts in the syllabus to teach healthy eating habits to students. According to Dr. DK Bhosale, the chairman of SNBP International School Pune, proper eating habits must be inculcated amongst students, right from day one in school.
This is to ensure that as they grow up, they continue with these habits later in their life as well. The best school in pune teaches a child to be concerned about the kinds of food that one should be concerned about consuming.
Healthy eating habits that should be followed
A student needs to grow the following eating habits during school life –
1. Parents generally introduce children to snacks like chocolate, chips, and pizzas. But these types of foods are not really healthy and must be eaten only in limited quantities.
2. The diet of a young student must include foods that have rich contents of iron and calcium. These minerals are required in large portions to meet the requirements of the growing body. Dr. Dasharath Bhosale and his team from one of the best cbse schools in pune have put up a good effort to explain the need of nutrients through activities and discussions on the topic, that provide the students with enough learning opportunity.
3. Children should be taught about the nutritional values of each type of food that they consume. This would help the curious mind to understand better why healthy eating habits are a necessity.
4. A variety of healthy foods need to be included in the daily diet because different foods with different nutritional values are required for all-round development.
5. Another important thing that is taught in the ssc schools in pune is that meals should always be eaten on time. Otherwise, it may lead to physical breakdown.
6. Fruits and vegetables are the types of foods that build immunity in the human body. Thus, a student’s diet must include plenty of them.
7. As per Chairman Dr. DK Bhosale, to deal with the pressure of studies and various activities, one needs loads of energy. To provide this energy, it is essential to include carbohydrates and fats in food habit.
8. Proteins, which are essential for growth and repair of the body are the major requirements of a growing child. Foods like eggs, fishes should be included in the diet.
9. Milk, however disagreeable it tastes, should be included in the breakfast. Milk contains calcium that is essential in the formation of bones.
10. The food that is taken has to be balanced with enough physical activity. Dr. Dasharath Bhosale has blended the motto “health is wealth” with the ideals followed in school.
SNBP International School Pune, one of the top 5 schools in pune also makes it a point to inculcate a healthy sense of hygiene – students are always taught here to wash their hands before and after meals.