Climate change and the growing plastic pollution worldwide is nothing new. Who is better to fight these glaring disasters than the younger generation? All well-known primary schools in pune like SNBP International School Pune spread awareness among their students about the need to conserve Mother Earth. Honourable Chairman Sir Dr. Dasharath Bhosale wants to educate children about the ever-increasing problem of Global Warming and how they can take a pledge to save Nature.
World Environment Day is observed in almost all the best schools in Pune. It is celebrated on 5th June every year. Each year the theme of the day differs according to the need of the hour. Various schools undertake different strategies to celebrate the special day in unique ways which will enable students to understand the value of the special day.
Here are some creative ideas to schools can undertake to make the celebration interesting:
1. Skit: There is no better way to teach children than teaching with the help of their peer group. Children learn faster if they are engaged in the act. A skit is a fun way to involve children in the drive. Dr. DK Bhosale believes if children are given the responsibility to do something on their own their level of confidence would raise.
2. Dance Drama: Many primary schools celebrate World Environment Day through a dance drama as it is easier for the little ones to connect with the theme rather than listening to speeches about the importance of the day. Through music, they learn about the earth through music and express themselves through dance. Dr. DK Bhosale explains in this way more participation of children can be assured.
3. Field trip: To know the environment better children can be taken for a nature hunt. The more they come close to nature the better they feel the need to conserve it. SSC schools in Pune makes sure some field trips are arranged for children every year. Let the children explore nearby park or garden for a period of time and take note of the things they observe. They can share their experience in the presence of friends and teachers or they can draw the things they noticed.
4. Poster making: Teachers can suggest some topics based on the theme of the year and students can prepare charts, models and posters to spread awareness among others.
5. Campaigns: Students themselves can hold campaigns to make the local people more cautious about saving energy and proper disposal of waste etc. Cleaning up the school compound can a way children will appreciate the need to conserve and also the community can be involved actively.
6. Activities: Almost all well-known international school in Pune hold workshops to highlight the importance of recycling. In art and craft classes competition can be held where children can make use of the waste materials to create something useful.
7. Tree Plantation: Make the school compound greener and healthier. Students can bring saplings and plant it in the school garden taking an oath to carry on this good deed around the year.
SNBP International School Pune with its vision to create a healthier atmosphere for children in primary schools in pune has come up with many strategies to turn this agenda in reality under the guidance of Dr. Dashrath Bhosale. The schools being in the list of top 10 CBSE schools in Pune is committed to make learning experience smooth and deliver quality education to your ward.