Mathematics is such a subject, the very name of which is enough to scare many children. But the ones who actually try to understand the subtleties, usually find it quite interesting and easy to handle.
Almost all primary schools in Pune undertake different methodologies so the students develop a love for mathematics and not anxiety! One of the best school in Pune, SNBP International School Puneaims to prepare its young pupils in such a way that they deal with Maths as easily as other subjects.
This prestigious international school in Pune has already introduced the concept of basic mathematics through abacus. The Chairman of this school, visionary Dr. Dashrath Bhosale believes if children can play with numbers then their fear will decrease.
Interestingly, Abacus can ignite interest and mathematical abilities in children in various ways:
- Methodology: Small children learn best in a play-way method. Thus the SSC schools in Pune implements the use of abacus in primary classes to introduce concepts of addition, subtraction. Children get a first-hand experience. Abacus is great for improving concentration and makes dull, mathematics chalk and talk classes very interesting.
- Appeal: For the learners more inclined to visual aids abacus works like wonder. The little ones at SNBP International School Pune become more interested in a mathematics class when they see the colourful beads up close and are able to touch them while calculating.
- Variety: Abacus brings a variety in a traditional classroom. The same old calculations get a new form and it helps to attract the attention of students. Dr. DK Bhosale believes this variety in a conventional classroom helps the retention of information.
- Makes learning effective: Experienced faculty from the top 10 CBSE Schools in Pune stress the importance of abacus as it ensures better participation of students and their inputs. Abacus is designed in such a way that the brain becomes more active and higher-order thinking skills are developed. Not only that the brain visualizes the calculations while performing them by touching the beads.
- Makes learning easy: Abacus helps develop logical thinking capacity in a child that Dr. DK Bhosale explains is important in every field of life. It improves memory and boosts the performance of children. He believes that when children are actively collaborating and contributing to the learning process half the objective of teaching is achieved.
- Unending advantages: This tool that is used a calculating device is used for addition, subtraction, multiplications, division and also to extract square roots and cubic roots. Dr. Dashrath Bhosale has envisioned such a teaching-learning environment for students where the facilitators take care of the overall growth of the students under favorable circumstances.
In today’s competitive world having sound knowledge in subjects is mandatory. An in-depth study in a subject is a necessity for attaining higher education.
Keeping the changing scenario in mind primary schools in Pune likeSNBP International School Punefocus on the holistic development of students so that they can excel in every sphere of life. Teaching Maths with the help of abacus is one of the many strategies adopted by the school to progress towards that goal.